Neighborhood Health Plan
BlueCross BlueShield of Florida (excluding Health Options)
Dear MMC Patients:
We at Miami Medical Consultants are monitoring coronavirus outbreak in our community in our efforts to keep you safe and healthy. Here is some important information we have put together for you:
How to protect yourself and your family:
1)NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
3) Open doors with your closed fist or hip – Avoid grasping the handle when possible, especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.
4) Use disinfectant wipes at the stores, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
5) Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home’s entrances. Keep a bottle in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can’t immediately wash your hands.
7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!
8) Avoid touching/rubbing eyes/nose/mouth, to reduce risk of inoculating virus.
1) Disposable gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas.
2) Disposable masks to protect your community should YOU develop a cough. Not useful to protect you from others
3) Hand sanitizers must be alcohol-based and greater than 60% alcohol to be effective.
These phone numbers may come in handy:
Miami Medical Consultants physicians and staff cell phone numbers:
Robert Cava, M.D. 305-733-6849
Gloria Nunez-Turkel, ARNP – 305 321-9017
Patricia Arosemena-Romero, Office Manager- 786-202-0155
Miriam Yruretagoyena-Anderez, Senior Patient Care Coordinator- 786-285-9277
Please contact our office today if you need refills. We recommend 90 day supply.
Please monitor your symptoms and report if you have been exposed to the virus, develop respiratory symptoms with a fever, or have traveled outside the country/high risk areas in the US. Please comply with any quarantine recommendations, particularly with respect to the elderly and immune compromised.
As of today, Quest Laboratories and LabCorp have advised they will be providing our office with coronavirus test kits in the near future.
Please take care of yourself and should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.